Chief Executive Officer
ESTA’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Debra Abbott, has overall responsibility for managing ESTA.
The CEO reports to the ESTA Board and regularly engages with the Minister for Emergency Services, as well as senior officers of the Department of Justice and Community Safety, Emergency Management Victoria, and heads of Victoria’s emergency service agencies.
The CEO manages ESTA with the assistance and advice of the Executive Leadership Team.
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) plays a vital role in ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of emergency communication services for ESTA and the broader emergency management sector.
The COO is responsible for:
- all frontline operations of emergency communication response
- the technological infrastructure and information pathway that supports emergency communication services
- key operational and strategic executive partnerships across the government and emergency management sector.
The COO collaborates with other key executives, such as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Deputy Corporate Services, to align operational strategies, allocate resources effectively, and implement innovative solutions to enhance the overall emergency communication capabilities of ESTA.
Emergency Communications Services
The Executive Director of Emergency Communications Services is responsible for:
- providing and managing all emergency call-taking and dispatching services for Victoria
- collaborating with emergency service partners to support frontline responders in delivering services to the Victorian community
- oversight of ESTA's emergency management capabilities, including critical incident response, business continuity arrangements, and crisis management.
The Emergency Communications Services team has over 1000 employees who work across three State Emergency Communication Centers located in:
- Burwood East
- Williams Landing
Emergency Communications Information Services
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for providing high quality Information Communication and Technology services to ESTA. This includes:
- call-taking and dispatch systems
- telecommunication services like telephone, radio, paging, and mobile data
- information and geospatial management services
- corporate technology services
- network and infrastructure
- technology projects
- end-user services
- enterprise technology strategy and architecture services.
Deputy Corporate Services
One of two direct reports to the CEO, the Deputy Corporate Services has broad responsibility for strategic, corporate and support functions at ESTA including:
- cyber security and information management
- finance, payroll, and commercial services
- governance, risk, internal audit, and compliance
- legal services and information access
- media, communications, and stakeholder relations
- people, culture, and performance
- strategy and policy.
Financial and Commercial Services
The Executive Director of Financial and Commercial Services (CFO/CPO) is responsible for leading the financial management oversight of ESTA and providing authoritative advice on ESTA's financial position. This includes:
- payroll administration
- commercial contract management and procurement
- property services.
People, Culture & Performance
The Executive Director of People, Culture and Performance is responsible for establishing and implementing a framework that supports ESTA's current and future workforce strategies. This includes:
- delivering various services, products, and initiatives related to workforce design
- enhancing the workforce's capabilities and skills
- ensuring a safe and positive work environment and experience for all employees.
Governance and Strategy
The Executive Director of Governance and Strategy plays a crucial role as the link between ESTA, the government, and emergency services organisations. The Governance and Strategy team is responsible for developing strategic policy, engagement, risk, and assurance frameworks that guide ESTA's business and operational services. This includes:
- policy and planning
- enterprise program management
- corporate governance
- intelligence, risk, and assurance
- communications and engagement.
The Executive Director Legal Services leads ESTA’s Legal Services department, and provides authoritative expert advice and guidance on legal matters and oversees a range of legal and regulatory functions. The Director Legal Services works collaboratively with ESTA’s Executive Leadership Team to support ESTA to perform its functions effectively and achieve its strategic objectives.
Reviewed 04 September 2023