Burn-off and water-off notifications
Notifying ESTA about your plans to conduct a burn-off prevents unnecessary fire brigade response. Callers to triple zero reporting an actual fire can then be advised that the fire is a planned burn. If the fire that the triple zero caller is reporting can't be verified as a burn-off, the fire brigade will be notified.
If conducting a burn-off, it is important that you also:
• Follow the regulations and laws set by CFA which can be found at the CFA website or that of your local council
• Inform your neighbours if your activity will generate fire and smoke
• Check the weather forecast for the day and a few days afterwards
To notify us of your planned burn:
- You may register online at https://firepermits.vic.gov.au/ if your burn-off commences more than two hours from now
- Alternatively, you may email the form Burn-off notification form Burn-off notification form (159.64 KB) burnoffs [at] esta.vic.gov.au if your burn-off commences more than two hours from now
- If you wish to commence your burn-off immediately, or do not wish to utilise the online form or email, you may register your burn-off by calling 1800 668 511, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- National Relay Service users can ring 1300 555 727 and ask for the information to be relayed to ESTA via 1800 668 511
Water and fire services off and bridge and road closure notifications
To notify ESTA of any of these works, please email details to burnoffs [at] esta.vic.gov.au or call 1800 668 511.